Tuesday 17 January 2006

Injections and other things

Today we had two appointments and kept them both right on time right venue...  Yea....!!!

First appointment took us to Sheringham - Seaside town on the North Norfolk Coast... Pictures above are ones I took this afternoon - the sea was quite calm, and it was a lovely day...the white specs on the beach  in some of the pictures are seagulls...there were masses of them all around us...

The Town was quiet today - normally it is crowded with holiday makers...but it was nice just to be able to get around without being jostled by the crowds.

Did a bit of shopping - and Lyn bought a nice evening top for a party she is going to next week.

The second appointment was Barneys injections  We arrived at the surgery on time.....

Barney made it known clearly he was not happy to be there - and as we didn't have his muzzle he came over loud and clear.

I sat in the car with Nin - who unlike Barney never barked at every car that came into the carpark....

But lo and behold a car drew up beside us, and it was the white poodle - immaculate as last week as was her mistresses hair...I wondered if perhaps they had come last week on the wrong day,  no of course they didn't it is only me that muddle up appointments.

Looked to see if any more pansies had been planted, but there were still only two...

Lyn came out with Barney - who looked really dejected. (And Quiet) she told me he had sat on her knee and was shaking like a leaf....even the person she was sitting next to remarked how frightened he looked....but luckily the vet called Lyn in first so he didn't have long to wait.

The Vet told Lyn he was in tip top condition, and said he was a handsome chap... I don't think that made Barney feel any better...

So my brave little Barney who fights the vacuum cleaner, chases next doors cat,  does the postman run....isn't quite as brave as he thinks he is....

 

 

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ally, great photos.  I wish I lived near enough to the sea to visit quite often.  I`m glad you made your appointments but poor Barney...I`m sure he feels embarrassed that he wasn`t brave at the vets...lol! :o)

Sandra xxxx

Anonymous said...

Poor Barney...what a dent to the male ego. though I expect he has recovered by now.  I remember Sheringham ( stopped for a look around whilst passing through a couple of times)..nice little place. Glad all went well.

Anonymous said...

Been to Sheringham................
poor dog........

Anonymous said...

Awwww bless his little cotton socks - oh no, thats Nin isn't it?!! I'm sure Barney feels much better now, and I'm sure you do now that he has had his injections.

C x

Anonymous said...

Poor Barney, typical male ......all fearless till he has to have treatment!! I expect he's over it now. Well done for getting there on the right day!! Jeannette.

Anonymous said...

Poor Barney
he is a handsome chap!
Terrie

Anonymous said...

Loved your pictures of Sheringham ,I thought in the third one was a picture of a very slim man on the beach ,I thought hmm matchstick man! ,then realised it was the end of the break water Durr...Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You know how to get to me don't you, one of our favourite spots.  If you had been closer to the Gulls i would have been able to tell you what they were. love Joan.

Anonymous said...

Lovely seaside pics :o)
Aww, tickles for Barney!
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

Hi Ally
Loved the piccys, very beautiful, i jus love being by the seaside......
Jayne
http://journals.aol.co.uk/funnyface0s0/SingleGirl

Anonymous said...

awww bless tell poor barney i hate needles too   Caff xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey, Ally .... oh, I love the pictures.  You know how I am about the ocean.  If only I could live there, and take my morning walks along the shore every day ... I'd never cry again ! lol   Glad to hear that your day went well, and that Barney made it through okay.  Take care, Tina http://journals.aol.com/onemoretina/Ridealongwithme

Anonymous said...

Poor Barney. It is amazing at how they know that they are at the vets or whatever. Sebastian is like that. He knows when I am taking him to vet or taking him somewhere else. Don't take him anywhere else now. Too old afraid I will lose him.

Anonymous said...

Jesse had his booster injections on Monday and he was not too happy about that.  He chases the vacuum cleaner and the lawnmower as well. We have never been able to break him of the habit.  Lovely pictures, there were certainly more seagulls than I have ever seen together.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

It must be great living so close to the ocean.   I live near some beautiful lakes and will have to get some photos to share.   I haven't felt like doing too much.   It is very painful when I get up and I lay on my board and cushion and read and then do sit ups to improve my back strenght.    I have my electric heaters going and am getting the woodburner going from hot coals since the fire was down this morning.   I still need to take Salty for his walk because I only took him out briefly when I got up.    Barney certainly was not brave about his injections, lol.   I have to let the Veterinarian cut Salty's claws since he will fight me tremendously if I try holding him just myself.   He has one "dew claw"; the little claw on an unused paw up on his leg, and it has gotten in-grown before so I was able to snip it a little awhile back and I keep checking it to make sure it not growing in.   He just will not let me near his claw and he is a strong dog.    mark

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Ally, love to be by the Sea 'off season'. Allan and I visited Norfolk in October 2004, but we didn't go to Sheringham. We stayed Nr Southwold, with the lovely Pier and the Beach huts.Hope you now have your Diary in order (lol)
Aileen...X

Anonymous said...

Poor Barney. I'm kind of nervous about injections too. Paula

Anonymous said...

Poor Barney! (Our Oreo doesn't like going to the Vet's either!) Glad that you got the appointments sorted out.     ~Deborah